Saturday, July 19, 2008

What Blogs are For

For a while I have looked into starting some kind of blog to which I would contribute regularly. I thought of all these topics I could write about, and how I would split them up as to make sure I wrote as often as possible. As I began to slowly run out of ideas, I realized how short my list was.

Then I asked myself the question, "What is the point of a blog?" My answer? A blog isn't a means to give one's self attention or to gain popularity based on what and how often you post. A blog is where you post your thoughts. Period. There may be no set pattern, no set content that you plan to cover.

Everyone has those days when you come home from work, church, or Starbucks, and there's something on your mind that you want to tell others. You may want to rant and have all of cyberspace be able to read your frustrations; or you may have an intriguing concept you want to share and convey to your friends; or maybe you just feel like typing a little about what's going on.

That's what a blog is for. Who cares how often, how much, or about what I write; but I can assure you one thing: Whatever I write will be 100% "from the heart," so to speak. Feel free to drop by and read what I have to say, and leave feedback! If I strike a nerve (good or bad), let me hear about it.

May God continue to bless you!
-Marcum

No comments: